Let Us Elaborate On Halitosis…
Halitosis can be a sign that the body is generally toxic and toxins are being excreted through the lungs. The normal elimination systems (urine and faeces) are overloaded and excessive toxins are pushed out of the body in all avenues available to it, which include the skin and breath.
Most halitosis sufferers may not know they have it until someone else tells them.
What To Avoid
- Commercial mouthwashes – Packed with chemicals, these are best avoided.
What To Include
Complete detoxification is the only sure-fire way to stop or reduce halitosis and juicing plays a large part in this process. A juice-only detoxification diet is particularly effective and can reduce body odour as well. Jason Vale’s 7lbs in 7 Days programme is an excellent way to detox. Symptoms may appear to get worse initially as toxins are expelled but this is a good sign that the body is ‘spring cleaning’ and throwing off more toxins to work towards an overall improvement in health.
- Coconut oil – Studies have shown that oil pulling can be an effective way to treat halitosis. www.jisppd.com
- Daily body brushing – A simple treatment, this stimulates the skin and helps to aid the detoxification process.
- Garlic – Despite its pungent aroma, garlic’s antibacterial properties help to kill off parasites and unwanted lodgers in the digestive tract.
- Lemon – A good juicer which can aid detoxification and cleansing with its stimulating and natural antibiotic properties. Lemon tends to draw out mucus and loosen any stubborn residues of waste material or mucal-faecal build-up as well as stimulating the liver for cleansing. Ginger and wheatgrass have similar effects in this case.
- Pomegranate juice – Often used in the Middle East as a mouthwash and gargle, pomegranate juice can be quite an effective natural treatment for halitosis.
- Water – Increased water intake will help with detoxification, so aim to drink two litres of water a day.
The Juice Recipes
The Anti-Vampire Shot
½ Lemon (unwaxed)
x1 Garlic Clove
How To Make
Juice the garlic and lemon – then down in one!
Breath of Fresh Air – taken from the Super Juice Me! 28-Day Juice Plan
x1 Large Orange (peeled, but with pith on)
x2 Medium Carrots
x1 Small Bulb Raw Beetroot
x1 Large Handful Fresh Mint Leaves
1-Inch Ginger Root
x3 Ice Cubes
How To Make
Juice all the fruit and vegetables, then either pour the extracted juice into the blender with the ice and blend or simply add ice to a glass and pour over.
Pretty Pink Passion
x2 passion fruits
x1 handful strawberries
x3 tbsp bio live yoghurt
How To Make
Juice the pineapple and apple. Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the flesh into your blender. Remove the leaves and stalks from the strawberries and add to the blender along with the yoghurt and ice. Blend until deliciously smooth.
Please note, it is impossible to give a definitive list as what supports one person can be a trigger food or allergen for another. You must stay your own juice detective at all times and listen to how your own body responds to certain foods and always consult with your healthcare provider when making changes to your diet which may affect your medication. Please be aware that we are not doctors, so it is important to consult with your GP or medical practitioner BEFORE making any changes to your diet. The suggestions above are not meant as an alternative to any current medical treatment so please DO NOT stop taking any medications you are on. They are also not an endorsement of their effectiveness, or a recommendation that they should be followed but instead, are provided for informational purposes. None of the information on the Natural Juice Therapy site is intended or implied to treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.