Let Us Elaborate On Psoriasis…
Juice Master Jason Vale has lived with psoriasis for many, many years and learnt to control it through a healthy diet, daily juicing, correct supplementation and exposure to sunlight therapy. Jason has developed an herbal supplement and juice-programme specifically for this disease which includes the exclusion of many foods/drinks as well as the introduction of herbal teas and juice boosts, specifically designed for psoriasis and other skin conditions. Click here for details of his specially created 30-day Skin Deep Programme.
The root cause of psoriasis is unknown however it has been known to run in families. Triggers can vary from person to person but may include medication, infection and injuries to the skin.
What To Avoid
Whilst there is little to no scientific evidence that diet can have any effect on disease we have heard from many suffering with from this debilitating condition who swear they’ve found relief by changing what they eat. Common dietary changes are:
- Excess weight – Jason himself has found great results from the Super Juice Me! 28-Day juice plan, it was originally set up as an experiment to see what effect juice diets can have on health and the results were simply extraordinary. A 2014 study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology linked obesity to an increased risk for psoriatic disease. Researchers found that a higher body mass index (BMI) is associated with an elevated risk for developing psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, as well as an increase in the severity of the disease. – https://www.psoriasis.org
- Refined Sugars & Processed Food – Processed foods are often high in fat but low in nutrition. They often also contain a number of ingredients you may well have never heard of. It’s a good start to know what exactly it is that you’re putting into your body before ruling certain foods out. A food diary may also be good to keep to help identify any potential triggers.
- Inflammatory Foods – Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease. Many individuals have benefitted from following an anti-inflammatory diet to help reduce their symptoms.
What To Include
Research has found a number of things to be successful in treating psoriasis including cleansing the intestinal tract (Dr Bernard Jensen’s Guide to Better Bowel Care): L-Cysteine has been successfully used in the treatment of some case of psoriasis (Eric R. Braverman M.D) and omega-3 and -6 as well as fumaric acid and lecithin.
- Blueberries – Along with elderberries and huckleberries, blueberries are useful in the treatment of psoriasis (John Heinemann – Encyclopedia of Healing Juices).
- Coconut oil – Psoriasis may improve with the application of coconut oil (Bruce Fife – The Coconut Oil Miracle).
- Herbs – There have been studies carried out on herbs, some of which have been found to be helpful when suffering psoriasis, including aloe vera, barbarine (which can be found in goldenseal, barberry root bark and organ grape root), calaguala (a fern clinically used in South Africa and Spain in the treatment of psoriasis), capsaicin (an active component of cayenne pepper), sarsaparilla and silymarin.
- Vitamins and minerals – Supplementation of folic acid, B12, vitamins D and A can be useful, although it is better to intake these nutrients by consuming a healthy diet.
- Sunlight – UV light is widely used as a treatment for Psoriasis, we recommend that you ask your medical specialist about how UV light treatment may help you but safe exposure to sunlight is a good way to keep healthy. More details are available in the free Skin Deep Guide.
The Juice Recipes
The G & T
1/ 2 Apple
1-Inch Ginger Root
1 Tsp Juice Master Juice SOS Veggie Boost Powder (optional)
2-3 drops Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Omega 3-6-9 (optional)
How To Make:
Juice apple, ginger and turmeric together and pour into a shot glass. Add the Udo’s oil and SOS powder. Stir well (or whizz in a blender for a few seconds).
Watermelon, Mint Cooler (from the 5:2 Juice Diet)
⅛ Watermelon (skin on)
1 Small Handful Fresh Mint Leaves
How To Make:
Juice all the ingredients together and pour over ice – simple!
The Ultimate Skin Cleanser (from the Skin Deep plan)
x1 1 Stick Celery
½ Cup Spinach
½ ripe avocado (ripe)
1 tsp Juice Master Skin Deep supplement
How To Make:
Juice the apples, cucumber, celery and spinach and then blend with the avocado and Juice Master Skinsential powder until smooth.
Please note, it is impossible to give a definitive list as what supports one person can be a trigger food or allergen for another. You must stay your own juice detective at all times and listen to how your own body responds to certain foods and always consult with your healthcare provider when making changes to your diet which may affect your medication. Please be aware that we are not doctors, so it is important to consult with your GP or medical practitioner BEFORE making any changes to your diet. The suggestions above are not meant as an alternative to any current medical treatment so please DO NOT stop taking any medications you are on. They are also not an endorsement of their effectiveness, or a recommendation that they should be followed but instead, are provided for informational purposes. None of the information on the Natural Juice Therapy site is intended or implied to treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.